Here in this post, we list up several ways to speed up firefox be it its browsing speed or its operating speed. Firefox 4 is really my favorite web browser but it can be tweaked even to make it more efficient and faster.Read below our Firefox 4 Speed Up tips.
Here are some of the ways to make Mozilla Firefox 4 browsing faster
Note : These tweaks are for advanced users or geeky person. If you’re newbie or novice, do not try this as these may negatively affect your browser performance. Proceed only if you know what you’re doing!
- In the address bar, type about:config
- Click on I’ll be careful, I promise! button
- In the filter box, type network.http
- From the list below, double click on Network.http.pipelining … Its value will change to True from false.
- Double click on Network.http.pipelining.maxrequests and change its value to double the number in it.
- As mentioned in the previous step, change the value i.e. double the value present in Network.http.max-connections and Network.http.max-connections-per-server
- After making the requisite changes, just close that page. It is saved automatically.
There are several other tips for speeding up firefox 4 like lowering cache memory for system with low RAM if firefox operates slow. Furthermore, using less addons and default firefox theme/persona enhance its operating speed overall.
I hope the above approach and steps help you surf the web in lightning fast speed!